Skip to main content

Reply to "A Message from Bill Cobb: Resetting the Balance of the eBay Marketplace"

Ok, my first response to this, "Are you kidding me???"

Then I tried to calm down and see the larger picture that once again, Ebay is trying to do away with the stores format or at the very least weed out the smaller priced items that they make little money on. I feel like I am in a big cycle of, if you want your items seen, then pay core listings or else they don't get seen. NOW it is like okay, your listings are not going to be seen and we are raising the price of them not being seen, WHAT?????

And okay, Bill Cobb says that this should only increase our overall fees by 6%. That is a lot especially for those with a lot of items in their stores. I know I am just a small time seller as a stay at home mom but every penny counts and again 6% is a lot. Is it still a better deal than opening up a Brick and Mortar, sure it is. But I am not sure that is the point here to sellers anymore who feel like they are not getting their money's worth in services and are being squeezed for whatever Ebay can get from them.

I normally am an optimist and normally just roll with the punches but this punch really got my goat, pardon the expression. Nice how they institute this too just in time for the fall and Christmas seasons so they are assured lots more moolah.

So I do not know what I am going to do. I will probably keep going with up and work on my own site until I just have to use Ebay for advertising basically. I don't know, I really do not know....

Marcia
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.