Skip to main content

Reply to "A scheduling problem I don't think Auctiva has a solution for"

Since the Scheduler is currently limited to a maximum of 2 hours between items for incremental posting, that schedule you have does present a challenge.

I would suggest opening a Support Case and explain what you want to do and ask if they/Auctiva can enhance the scheduler to provide a wider timeframe or even a 24 hour spacing. That way you could list the contents of a folder of 7 items with 24 hour spacing to get one of each listed at 2AM, and so on for each time during the day you want that item listed. At least you could then shotgun 7 for all seven days of a week or you could potentially do more for say 28 to 31 days to blanket a month. That would ONLY need to be done as many times as you want the auction for an item to complete on that day. Your example shows 8 completion times (looks bell curve-ish), so that's 8 scheduling submissions from a single folder.

They might also have a more elegant suggestion that I'm completely overlooking. However, the 24-hour spread would (to me) be a valuable enhancement to the scheduler for just your type of situation.

Dan

Ahhhhh....here's an elegant programmer challenge. Why not have a single item, multi-day scheduler that you have a fix time (like the 2 am) with pop-up calender to mark the days during the days-month as selection for the scheduler. Programmers love those challenges. Razz
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.