Skip to main content

Reply to "A subversive idea for sellers"

quote:
Originally posted by JustaCrazyMom:
but here in the states we are ORGANIZED. Keep your eyes open in the coming months, we are not anywhere close to stopping our NOISE.

Organized? I'm sorry, are you kidding? There is no organization to this boycott. Huge numbers of people, both sellers and buyers knew nothing of it, and still don't.

Not only that, the numbers did not drop all that much no matter what spin you want to put on it. The boycott (or continuing boycott) was/is a waste of time, just as all the others in the past have been.

The other sites everybody has been spouting about are also useless. I don't have the time, inclination, or patience to use them. I need to sell things, and I need to make money. eBay still has the traffic and the sales, even though I now get a smaller piece of the pie. That's life.

No disrespect meant, but the boycott, strike, exodus, or whatever you want to call it ain't workin'.

I had my first auction since the new fees went into effect close last night. The take was disturbing, but that's life. It's still more money than I had if I hadn't run the auction.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a viable and strong competitor to eBay, I just can't afford to be part of the "movement". And if you think that any other company becomes as strong as eBay (in some distant future) isn't go to repeat the exact same pattern that eBay has demonstrated, you need to wake up.

Never forget: It's all about the money.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.