Skip to main content

Reply to "A subversive idea for sellers"

Hi Irish Gal -

This is what I have been trying to tell people. eBay is stacking the odds against ALL but the top 200 power sellers; I take it you aren't one of that top 200. And they won't take a stand? Of COURSE not! They are sitting firmly on the fence, the better to fall one way or the other when they finally make a decision, IF that ever happens. But one thing is very, very clear: they are trying to run off the "flea market" sellers - many of which ARE power sellers.

And in the past the risk sellers have taken with buyers has been bad enough when we could look at honest feedback left by other sellers who have had bad experiences with these buyers. That has really been the only protection we had. Now we won't even have that - except, as you say, to look at the type of feedback those buyers have left for other sellers (I too have relied on that in the past).

The buyers on eBay have gotten much worse over the years. I never had a non-paying bidder until Nov-Dec 2007. Then I had 3 in a row! I had to file on them, and none of them ever paid. And policy at that point was bad ENOUGH; if a seller were to leave neg FB for a bidder (they aren't a buyer when they haven't paid), they could turn around and do the same against us, even though if they had paid, NO NEGS would have been left!

eBay has never really protected the seller. Their stance has always been that they are just the middle man. But now - on that issue, anyway - they have fallen of that particular fence, squarely on the side of the buyer.

I wish you well in the future.

Debbie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.