Skip to main content

Reply to "A subversive idea for sellers"

quote:
Originally posted by JustaCrazyMom:
But one thing is very, very clear: they are trying to run off the "flea market" sellers

What is your PROOF for this claim? You and many others are claiming this. What's the proof?

What do the "Top 200 PowerSellers" have to do with ME? Me, the one that sells 20 items a month that does not compete with this group in any way, shape, or form. Me, the one that could care less if these sellers succeed or fail.

It's really getting monotonous.

I've just spent the entire day, again, looking at alternate auction sites. The only one that seemed to have any credibility was onlineauction.com (ola.com). But I'm not ready to move yet. I'm not ready to put money up in front of the sale and hope I make it back (they want $8 a month to sell). I saw tens of thousands of items listed there (they claim 12 million items listed), yet most of the sales I see are for a couple of dollars and are junk. More stuff listed and unsold than sold. Nothing I'd want to buy, and nothing, I don't think, anyone would be looking for of mine.

When all you have to pay is a flat fee up front to list unlimited items, you can "afford" to post a thousand items and hope one or two sell. I don't work that way. I'd rather "pay as I go".
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.