Skip to main content

Reply to "Almost in our new house - closing was today!!"

quote:
Originally posted by marciay96:
...now we just have to move everything and just pray we can afford the new place (I know we can but you know that uneasy feeling of the unknown you get when you move into a new place??) Smile

Marcia

Yes I know all to well this feeling, I had it when I closed on my second home and how accurate it was. I was Making the majority of the income and my now Ex- wife was working as a temp. We had been living there for 6 months and I had just bought my wife a new car. Then suddenly the bottom dropped out..lol. The company I worked for had to downsize as just about everyone did that year, and I was one of the many unlucky ones that got the boot. I had never been so worried in my life..I had 3 small children then a mortgage to pay, a truck payment and now new car payment to make every month and no jobs to be had as this was when bush senior was in office and we had that bad year, remember?

Anyway fortunately, I was able to take the new car back as it hadnt even been a week. But it wasnt long before the mortgage and truck payments started falling behind. Fortunately someone told me about a government loan for housing I could get, so I looked into it and 1 month later I had a government no interest loan to help me through the bad spot..Not long after, the economy picked up and I was back on the job. And my wife got a new job with Vdot(virginia dept of transportation) Anyway, All worked out fine, and even though we are divorced now and I live in Texas and she lives in Conn, we both still own the house and rent it out to family. So basically what im saying is the same thing Donna said...Dont worry it all works out!!!!

Congrats on the new home. I hope you and your family will be happy for years to come in it.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.