Skip to main content

Reply to "Amazon and Ebay Multi-Channel Selling announcement"

SHOCKED, FURIOUS to say the least and did not respond last night I was so miffed but even thinking about it today rattles me.

We trusted Auctiva to do what they said they would do. We should have been notified way before now if this was not going to happen. We have been waiting almost a year for this??? Auctiva WHY the wait to tell us??? Did you think we are stupid and going to forget about it?

Do you know realize our business depends on your doing what you say you are? I have held off listing on Amazon for almost a year waiting on this since it would logically be easier this way.

I asked in support and mentioned in several forums, as have others, to be told in forums and support that it was coming early 2011 more than once.

Here is cut & paste of part of ONE of those support requests with link below for entire transcript (I believe there is another, maybe 2 but am not wasting my time looking for it)

Posted Tuesday, 9/28/2010 11:47 AM Hi- for some reason I can't find on forums but KNOW I read that auctiva is planning to provide other venues in which to list through their system which was Amazon and OTHER sites (no other sites were specifically lsited but did have other in note. I am wondering with all of the changes taking place in auctiva with ownership IF this is still part of the long term (2011) plan??? IF so any ideas who will be included in this change? I am thinking of starting on other avenues besides ebay and obviously would prefer to start with sites that you may be going onto for ease in transition later. Thanks.. also, will keep trying to find in forums too. Thanks Vickie

[B]AUCTIVA RESPONSE: ]Brandon B. Support Posted Tuesday, 9/28/2010 11:52 AM Hello, Thank you for contacting Auctiva support. It is still part of long term plans to open up our listing services to Amazon in early 2011. I am currently not aware of any other sites we will be offering listing to, but the change of ownership has not changed the companies plans. Thank you, Auctiva Support System

Here is ONE link with inquiries as late as APRIL 5th, 2011 that auctiva should have/could have responded honestly to. Here is cut/paste of auctiva response there which DOES NOT lead us to believe this was scrapped.
gates_development, We do not support listing on Amazon yet on Auctiva.com. However, if you need this functionality right away, I would recommend contacting our sister company, Vendio as their site will allow you to do most if not all the functions you mention that you need. Hope this helps, Auctiva Tony M. Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com

After that someone asked date and no response at all.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...447016106#1447016106

THERE are at least 2 other posts once in Feb by me and once in March by me, and some by others, some responded to others ignored (wonder why????) I know I wrote once asking for first letter of month it would start and was told it was coming (auctiva I will locate that if you would like)

Auctiva has led us on with this since June when they announced it.

NOW auctiva, tell us about these new multi-channel capabilities, should we wait a year and then be slapped in the face with GOT YA!!

Added insult is YOUR rep Brandon KNEW that you had a sister Vendio that supports this, Why pull this cat out of the bag a year later. I have noticed a couple of forums mentioning your sister store lately, which makes me wonder if all ebay is going to be moving there.

****I was a little surprised that ebay would go for Auctiva sleeping with them on one side of the bed and Amazon (their biggest competitor on the other). Wondered how this marriage would work but assumed Auctiva had worked out an arrangement that all could "sleep" with.

NOW, my take for what it is worth, I have noticed that auctiva is announcing very little on ebay side with changes /improvements being made. The Feature board (which is actually suggestions shows things on TO DO list, these seem to have not been done for quite a while. When and what is on the next ebay side update? (although this feature center is best kept secret on auctiva and have asked for name change so people can use it)

Now, I have a HUGE, HUGE trust issue with auctiva, it is hard to get back trust once you have bold face mis-lead your customer over and over and frankly am worrying about Auctiva stability on the ebay side at this point.

I do realize there are MANY changes that need to be made on commerce and have no problem with that, IF I felt most of commerce were ironed out I would be on there, but still way to many glitches for me. Leaving what started the company in the dust??

I was very patient with waiting on Amazon because frankly I thought that ecommerce was rolled out to early under pressure and was no where near ready to roll out when it was. Auctiva depended on people like Michelle, and MANY, MANY others, way to many to name, to figure out the kinks. I marvel at these peoples patience and time to make it great!

I have thought for quite awhile that the ebay side of auctiva is not advancing. It seems on boards if auctiva is not going to do something there they just ignore it and do not respond on boards, unless it is a technical issue.

Also, I noticed that on the new changes ebay has made in some areas, auctiva does not have the sizes and the solution from support is to just to write it in. I do not find that solution, because I do not always know what ebay would put i,e, XX large (is it XX Large, XXL, 2XL, (we need to have it so it will show up in ebay. search results) I do not find going to ebay pretending to do a relist a solution for that as that is a time consumer.

I have LOVED auctiva though sometimes a love/hate relationship, HOWEVER, this is beyond believable that we have been totally LIED TO FOR ALMOST A YEAR, I FIND THIS DECEITFUL TO SAY THE LEAST!!

I AM FRANKLY CONCERNED THAT AUCTIVA AND EBAY MAY BE BREAKING UP AND WE ARE GOING TO BE SCREWED AND NOT TOLD, JUST EVERYTHING DISAPPEAR!!!

Thanks for this place to vent, I do not expect an answer since we have asked for many updates on this and dupped.

Someone in Auctiva, whoever made the decision to NOT tell us, should put themselves in our place from a business standpoint.

I am sorry if this sounds mad, but we are running a business, I fully understand changes of plans and could have swallowed that back in June, July, but to lead us on is AWFUL!!! I would like to know what purpose of leading us on was?????

Thanks for a response from someone in Auctiva, I feel the least we deserve is an explanation for NOT telling us and leading us on for almost a YEAR, YES a YEAR!!

Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.