Skip to main content

Reply to "AOL Soon To Be FREE?"

I don't understand this need to belong to a paid service to find a place to be together as the same group as before. <shrug>

I'll state honestly that I just don't understand the above reasoning and the forums/groups/message boards I belong to are all outside of a paid service. I don't have Instant Messengers for myself as I wanna work unfettered of outside interferences.

I've been on the internet since 91. Black background and white text, no pics with a 2400 baud modem.

It's very different now...The WWW is so big and has so much to offer.

Gosh someone could open their own message boards, groups, chat rooms outside of a paid for service that it doesn't make sense to me. A person can open their own forum and send out invites. It's done.

As I said, I don't understand nor comprehend that reasoning that a person HAS to belong to one service to stay in touch with persons they care about.

I digress.

If the new free AOL mail system is able to get my customers their emails without an Act of Congress then more power to 'em.

Then make sure you give the service to everyone free so I don't have to deal with angry customers!

Below find where Steve and I voice our frustrations on getting our AOL customers emails. Or just gosh, do an internet search on email problems and AOL.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4556093...231006471#2231006471

I don't gripe about email systems of comcast, verizon, peoplepc, copper.net, earthlink (cept that grrr confirmation message I have to accept sometime) road runner, juno or any other ISP..the ONLY one that I have problems with is AOL and have had problems with for the last 7 plus years. I have four eBay IDs..and one of them deals with emailed items...so when I can't get a customer an emailed item due to their ISP email controls..it tends to tick me off. It's just as bad under my other three IDs.

Later ya'll, Have a great day!
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.