Skip to main content

Reply to "Auctiva "under construction""

quote:
Originally posted by Brittany Ann:
I have been wondering since day one that I joined how this is free!

Here's one of many postings on this board of how Auctiva makes $$$.

Posted Dec 15, 1:07 AM
Auctiva is generating income. Huh? How? They've explained it. They've forged relationships with several other businesses and through them are earning capital.

For instance, if I'm not mistaken, they use U-Pic as their insurance source. Being they have or will have A LOT of Auctiva users, they're able to get a great rate. Say they're able to get domestic insurance for up to $100 in coverage for .15 to .25? Ah, but the customer is being charged $1.30 for $50 and $2.30 for up to $100 in coverage. Auctiva gives you a kick back of .25, leaving them with .80 to $1.80. I'm guessing they get a better rate than the one used as an example.

I'm sure they've worked something out with Sellathon and whoever else they're aligned with. It's a savvy way of charging and or being paid for a service they're advertising as being 'free'. So, Auctiva is 'free' but they're being 'paid'. I say, good for them. Witty.

I'm sure Auctiva is looking at things long term. Perhaps, the cashflow is slow in the beginning. However, once things begin to snowball, it could become a cash cow and all while offering a 'free' service.

Of course, this is my understanding of Auctiva.

PS -- Let's continue to keep Auctiva 'free'. If you're concerned make insurance 'mandatory' for all of your buyers, use the Sellathon products via Auctiva and whatever else they have set up to generate capital.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Magie Noire, Dec 15, 5:04 PM
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.