Skip to main content

Reply to "Auto Insurance Enabled??"

Was just coming here for this VERY REASON!!! I am quite irritated, as I do not insure most of my items, as honestly, some are not worth the time I hear it takes to file a claim with auctiva insurer. So I sure do not insure items that would NOT be worth my time. (ie if amount is that small I would not spend hours dealing with insurer I do not insure). Even when I do insure some I do through ebay as some of their prices are less than auctiva (i.e, today I shipped Fed Ex package $2.55 fed ex insurance, $3.70 in auctiva so there are differences - $1.15 saved by doing through ebay on this item.) In all fairness, NOT all ebays are cheaper some are less on auctiva.

Also, some people insure through ebay and would be paying twice for insurance not realizing this was thrown on with no notifiation.

Something about this is NOT right!! You do not add something that costs us extra money without telling us so that we can make the decision if we want this. There are alot of people who ship same weight item that would NEVER look at this and be charged.

Auctiva....several questions?.

?? Biggest do you think it is fair to your customers to sneak this in on them??? No announcement anywhere at this point?? I sure do not.

?? When was this done?? as I need to go back & check my listings so can go in and fix them, as I DO NOT want my packages automatically insured? I am very hands on and like to do things myself when they involve green in my pocket.

?? Why can't we be notified when you make a change that is going to cost us money if we do not just happen to catch it????

?? I did a lot of relists today, what does this do to those???

?? Do I need to go in to those and now take this insurance off??? IF this affects old listings we need to know how to get the insurance off if we do not want it. (I have my settings set so if I want it I go and buy it myself...it now shows insurance is enabled? When did this take place, I have not really done new listings lately.

Also, there are sooooooooo many fixes we have asked for it it is quite irritating that something like this would be thrown in as another income producer when we have been suffering go arounds for so long now.

Hate to sound MAD, but think about it... from our standpoint! I find this deceptive to say the least!! I realize it is auctiva's sandbox and they make the rules, but this is very dishonest and trickery in my opinion.

EVERYONE should be informed of this change via email, as well as logs in and announcements, facbook, blog, etc., so that we buy or not buy knowing that we have to opt out or pay for this service. This should be announced the same way the price plans were introduced when auctiva started charging. ANYTHING less is deceptive in my opinion, as without noticing this, this could have cost me extra money.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.