Skip to main content

Reply to "bidder threats"

First of all, he has nothing to turn you in for...your auction, your terms. But you did kind of bring this on yourself, unknowingly:

quote:
I have it listed that I will ship the item usps priority mail. I also say that I am willing to hear about cheaper shipping methods, but I reserve the right to choose the shipping option

So now he's dictating to you the seller how to ship and how much he's going to pay. That doesn't fly, this is your auction. In future listings, I would lose the above quoted sentence. List s/h prices for Priority AND Parcel Post (for example). Folks can choose which one they want. Tell int'l bidders (within your auction listing somewhere) to contact you BEFORE bidding for a shipping quote (unless you know for sure what you will have to pay to mail it to said country).

Everyone deals with a nutty buyer now & then and there's always going to be that negative FB from someone who doesn't understand how things work. To me, $8 sounds dirt cheap going from WI to Canada, no matter what the item. Stand firm, if you let him bully you you WILL regret it.
I wouldn't even worry at this point about him emailing other bidders, it's too early for that, but that's a reportable offense to be dealt with if and when the time comes.

Has he paid yet? You've comitted to $8, send him another invoice and just leave it be...do not communicate any further unless it's something pertinant. If he still tries to negotiate shipping, ignore him.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.