Skip to main content

Reply to "Boycott, How assinine."

Well I have been trying to avoid this subject for the last couple of Days. As a Powerseller I didn't participate in the boycott as I think it is absurd, the hard cold fact is that during the boycott sales were brisk. I too sell items that can not be found anywhere else but on ebay. I am sick and tired of hearing about this and that, the real truth is that in the end the buyer will pay more because costs have to be passed on to the consumer or you go broke. So instead of complaining I have spent the last week developing a new strategy for my auctions.

First I did a spread sheet at various cost levels such as 1.99, 2.99. 3.99 etc, calculated in all the costs at these various levels including the product. Then marked it up 150%, what does this all mean? I will no longer do auction style formats--it will be all buy it now. I am downsizing my store from featured to basic, I have developed a marking strategy that will go out with every piece and I have put together a customer rewards program. My lowest DSR is 4.7 everything else is 4.8 or higher.

I guess the point is we can bitch and moan all we want but all it will do is create lost sales. While, I on the other hand have decided to put a more positive spin on it that will benefit my business and my customer.....

Sorry but that is my 2 cents worth.....

Burly
Last edited by burly
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.