Skip to main content

Reply to "Can you guys spare some prayers"

quote:
Originally posted by megnsamsgrace:
Yes, he gets sooo moody. He isnt trying to be mean and he feels bad but it hurts him so much Frown He went through this 5 years ago with his L5, and a cortisone shot worked like a charm! I just hate to see him in agony... thats the worst part of all of this, Steph

Prayers are sent and plenty more where those came from.

My husband has the L5 and L6 and has had it since December 31, 1999. I remember zactly when it happened, he turned at his desk to take a stapler out of a drawer and wham! That was all she wrote, two herniated disks!

He doesn't want to have surgery or do physical therapy. I wish he would for his quality of life issue. Granted it only flares up once every six months or so. He will do zactly what the doc says...bed rest, stretching exercises and ibuprofen. He also doesn't want meds other than ibuprofen. I had him talked into surgery once, but.........then I had some surgery that went quite wrong and well, he uses me as a example why he should NOT have any type of surgery.

My g/friend is an artist/sculptor. She hurt her back 7 years ago. She chose to have an experimental type surgery two years ago. Now the "surgery" is pretty common. Needless to say, the term harping wife now suits me when the talk of my back hurts and surgery comes up. It's outpatient surgery, no anesthesia and more. It worked wonders for her! She states she'd do it again in a heartbeat!

I can well understand your want/need to stay home. I wanted to be the one to raise my children so I retired from the business world in 1985 and never looked back. It was the best decision I could have ever made! Granted we could have been better off financially if I'd worked..but life isn't nor should it be all bout the green.

Here's the down-low!
Blessings to you and hubster!
Donna

What is LED/TA (Lumbar Endoscopic Discectomy and Thermal Annuloplasty)?

LED/TA is an outpatient surgical procedure to remove herniated disc material. An anesthesiologist provides intravenous sedation. The surgeon also uses local anesthesia. With the help of x-ray guidance and a video endoscope, a 3mm probe is inserted through the skin into the herniated portion of the disk. The herniated nucleus is then removed with a shaver, suction and disc grasping instruments, thereby lowering the intradiscal pressure. The rest of the disc is left intact. The puncture in the skin is very small in comparison to larger incisions required for open surgery.

LED/TA is different from open lumbar disc surgery because there is no damage to the back muscles, no bone removal or large skin incision. Most of the complications that may occur with open surgery are eliminated with the LED/TA procedure.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.