Skip to main content

Reply to "Chemical Testing on Kids"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
My wife and I buy most (if not all) of our produce at Whole Foods and places like that so I forget what regular grocery stores are like -- but I had to laugh the other day when I saw a sign at an Albertson's that said the produce was "waxed for freshness".

I know the wax is not as much of a chemical issue (except for the "food grade" petroleum, I guess) but it reminded me.

It's just funny that they make a point to explain the waxing but don't offer any warning about what else is on/in the produce.

My family thinks I'm cuhhhrazy because I won't buy any produce that's advertised as being grown outside the US. <shrug>

I don't know what types of anything was used on those items that will be ingested by my family.

It's just as Rick stated..it's what's on and in the produce is the way I think bout it.

I know, I know...our standards aren't that much higher..but at least they're higher.

It's one of the reasons I began a garden years ago. I test the soil and use natural only. Sure there's bugs..but that I can live with.

Peace,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.