Skip to main content

Reply to "code numbers in listing showing different on iphone than preview or pc"

Mike...just found in support so was NOT on forums...sorry...I knew i had written something somewhere...but guess this explains why I could not find in forums.

Here is part of that post....(I left out the details that did not apply to this particular issue since this was a HUGE support request that required lots of back & forth. * I did leave time, etc., so would be easier to locate if need be. This was on the issue with the cursive being put into listings...so was a mixed bag.

Posted Thursday, 3/21/2013 11:46 AM
Dear lookandbuyme,

I was able to see the blue you mentioned in item #'s 140908546419 and 140882745286 when viewing them through my iPad, but I'm not sure exactly what is causing that difference in appearance so I'll need to have our Engineering team take a look.

I'll follow up with you through this case to see if I can get any additional information about that. I assume that some of the formatting code used for that line is being interpreted differently on Apple mobile devices, but nothing jumped out at me when I glanced at the code.

I even created a clone of one of these listings as a test and checked whether highlighting the text on the eBay Revise your Item and reselecting Black as the color would make a difference, but the blue remained after doing that as well.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support

Is this going to be on all code number
numbers??? As does not seem to be happening on all of my codes...and have not seen on others with coding at bottom when viewing from iphone...

IF this is NOT in blue...it is NOT a problem...as it is like a sore thumb showing in color.

Thanks
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.