Skip to main content

Reply to "code numbers in listing showing different on iphone than preview or pc"

Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am not privy to the specific conditions a number must meet for the automatic phone number recognition on Apple mobile devices to determine that it should be treated as a link, so I am not in a position to explain why this is happening to some of your codes but not others - especially since this is happening with numbers that are not phone numbers.

I am inclined to believe the treatment of non phone numbers as phone numbers by the automatic phone number recognition feature is something Apple would consider a bug, but I am not certain whether they are aware of the issue or treating it as such.

I suppose you could try contacting Apple's Customer Support team to see if they can provide you any additional information on why this feature is treating some of your UPC codes as phone numbers and not others.

I now remember discussing this with you through the support case you mentioned and, at the time, we had not determined that the numbers were appearing in blue on these devices because they were incorrectly being treated as phone numbers by the automatic recognition system. However, that does appear to be the case after all.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.