Skip to main content

Reply to "code numbers in listing showing different on iphone than preview or pc"

Mike....Honestly.... blame ebay and apple?

Ebay suggested HTML issue on your end??? They also said...that if were APPLE issue that it would be on any and ALL listings with a UPC or other numbers it would not pick and choose certain listings, in it since all of the ones I showed are NOT UPC numbers.

My thought.......this bring back memories of the COSMIC SANS MS, CURSIVE issue on auctiva where the word "CURSIVE" was thrown in in the new editor and our listings were totally unreadable on phones. I spent weeks going through listings and taking that one word that the new editor threw in. The word cursive WAS in auctiva it was not ebay, apple, iphone issue. Many still have this issue & do not even know it.

Did the engineers look at the examples that I sent? as they would see some of these were broken up numbers and NOT UPC numbers.

The fix given is a "go around" not a fix for the issue...and honestly, not even sure that would be the fix...or just add another issue that would have to be dealt with down the road.

I am not big on adding something to each and every listing. I believe ebay does not allow phone numbers any longer, seems easier IF auctiva added that to their templates rather than all sellers adding it, especially since auctiva is going to redo their templates anyway... SPEAKING OF that ANY ETA???

I did not let this bother me until I was questioned by a couple of people who tried phone number and then wrote asking why I put phone number that did not work??...crazy them to click on the number and see call and hit it.

This is NOT just my listings, one who has this going on, it is NOT just UPC numbers, it is NOT on all listings....it is NOT on 10 digit numbers, it is on some that have spaces between numbers, slashes between numbers such as 5/13/13/ etc.,

Please check further into this, as if this were apple or ebay it would not be random it would be on any that have a code at bottom. It would be on ALL of the listings with numbers.

This sure makes items on blacks look trashy and very unprofessional.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.