Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom Template - Tutorial"

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
Originally posted by lachi0820:
Hello, I'm new to creating a template using html and was wondering where I would paste the html when I am creating a new listing. I read many previous Q&A but am still confused... please advise. Thank you.

Hi. Open the "Create Custom Templates" page under the "Listing" tab (http://www.auctiva.com/listings/template_createcustom.aspx) . That rectangular gray-bordered box that is the biggest thing on the page is the editor. Down at the bottom of the editor are two tabs, one which says "design" and the other "HTML". Click on the "HTML" tab. Then click in the white area of the editor (so the cursor is showing) and then paste your HTML.

Like all WYSIWYG editors, they don't like us hand coders, and WYS is often not WYG. Plus it thinks it's smarter than you and likes to mess around with your code. Also they're all prone to putting in a lot of unnecessary garbage tags if you do any tweaking from the "design" side.

I would suggest writing your code in a simple editior like HTMLkit which is free, and use it to preview the end result in whatever browser you want. THEN, paste the whole thing into Auctiva and save it.

I downloaded I.E., Mozilla, Netscape6 and 7, Firefox, and Opera, and I check my templates on all of them. Rule of thumb: Write your HTML for Firefox and then do your kludges for I.E. Like centering, for example.

YMMV.

red tag is good editor, if I can help
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.