Skip to main content

Reply to "Custom Templates?"

quote:
Originally posted by dale_j:
Magie,

I don't fully understand what you are asking. The tags used in Auctiva Clasic allow the software to pick up text, pictures, formatting info etc. from an associated form.

If you paste your currently working info directly into the HTML window, it should work as it always has.

Just lift the HTML from one of your own auctions on eBay. Don't try to import the tagged HTML from your current posting software.

Step by step:
1) Load one of your auctions in Explorer (or whatever you prefer).
2) Highlight and copy that part of the auction body you want to copy.
3) Load Auctiva Web's "Create an eBay Listing"
4) Paste the auction body in the HTML box.
5) Fill in all the rest of the blanks.
6) Click "Save".........

What we want to do is to replace the tags from our current posting software that are placed within our custom templates with the tags that Auctiva uses for title, description, payment & shipping and images. Is this not possible? I have over 100 custom templates that I need to re-code with the Auctiva tags.

For instance, the tag in our current posting software for the title of the auction is [#TITLE]. What do we need to replace this with so Auctiva's software will pick up the auction title when we list?

As far as I can tell from reading this thread the closest I can come to using a custom template here is to create an ad using the other software, do a template preview and then copy and paste the source code into the HTML box here on Auctiva. This sort of defeats the purpose of being here in the first place.

When will this feature be available with your current product?

Jackie
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.