Skip to main content

Reply to ""DSRs: Making Them Work for You""

I am in complete agreement with "ebaysucks" comments.

The Power Seller status and associated "discounts" from final fees connection is too much stick for very little carrot.

I offer free shipping with no handling charges on my listings with orders being consistently shipped within one business day of the receipt of cleared funds and my DSR on shipping costs is 4.7 and 4.8 on shipping time.

Some rug jockey living in Canada told me that he gave me a 3 on shipping time because his order spent two days in Canadian customs.

I really do not know how more reasonable shipping costs to the purchaser can be than free or how much faster an item can be shipped than one business day unless the purchaser elects to pay the "Get It Fast" alternative that we offer from UPS & Fed Ex.

Fast service does not mean instant service.

When the Star Trek transporter beam is made a reality then delivery might be instantaneous but shipping, ie. careful wrapping & packing will still take time and unless you are are a seller with little business.

And the number of patrons who have received their purchases, intact and on time, who leave these glowing positive narrative feedbacks and then vent their frustrations over $4 gasoline, marital disharmony, the neighbor's dog barking all night or, I suspect, pure vindictiveness,
is on the rise.

Let them even up their scores, sans the wall of confidentiality that eBay has thoughtfully provided them, on sellers who overcharge for s &h, take their monies and ship them faulty or no merchandise, take their monies and never receive an acknowledgement of their existence, much less a word of thanks.

A friend of mine and an Ebay PS took his first negative feedback hit in over 2200 unique transactions and a 1 on shipping because the purchaser thought that he had used "too many Styrofoam peanuts..."

How do you deal with mentalities like that.

The author of this "Can't we all just get along" pap in hopes of receiving the feedback of the type and quality they require have lost contact with reality and should be a candidate for a long stay in a mental institution.

If the source of the "Let's all work together to make the eBay dystopia heaven on earth" theory is not a switch hitter for the house I will eat my hat.

It is bad enough that eBay is urinating on your leg without some Ms. Know-It-All telling you that "Why, its really only raining!" Smile Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.