Skip to main content

Reply to ""DSRs: Making Them Work for You""

A comment on the last post.

I am glad to see you noticed the adjustments Ebay makes before calculating your discount I have actually sat on the phone with Ebay as the score was calculated and watched it with a senior supervisor. He was in amazement. I have also had the privledge to actually have friends send in 5 star dsrs while on the phone with Ebay and watch my dsrs go down, to the horro of the ebay supervisor. It is quite a system they have.

I will explain it a bit for you. Oh if the Ebay loving Ms. Big happy family wants to learn something real about Ebay read this.

Ebay does a DAILY Snapshot of your DSR Ratings, It is automated and occurs at around 3 am to 5 am depending on the amount of servers used. This is the ratings that go onto your DSR Board and is represenative of the 30 day old feedback falling off and whatever is left. During the day the new feedback is added and theoretically if all is well it should rise through the day. Should !!!!!!

Starting on the 22nd, and going through the 23rd, 24th, 25th and sometimes 26th, Ebay does your invoice snapshot everyday. This occurs at around 3 to 5pm.

A little about this before I go further. The 22nd through the 27th or so of each month is the lowest cycle of the month for sales. Everyone is worried about coming bills and sales slow as does feedback, usually more is falling off then being added. Also buyers are more tempermental at the end of the month and feedback ratings lower on these days. Thiefbay knew this.

With this in mind ebay takes the DSR RATINGS OFF ALL THESE DAYS AND PICKS THE LOWEST FOR YOUR INVOICE BILL AND THAT # STARTS FROM THEN AND IS YOUR STARTING POINT IN DSRS FOR THAT NEXT MONTH. Yes you heard me right. So if on the 23rd your rating was lower than it was on the 25th your rating will fall back to the 23rd rating for your invoice and then become the starting point of next months dsr average. How is that for absolute evil.

It is wild to watch it do this every month but thats what it was programed to do and ebay makes alot of money off of it. Also if your dsrs are say 4.59,4.59,4.59,4.59, ebay tells you they round up, UUUUMMMMMM Wrong again, Ebay rounds down the 4.59 becomes 4.5 for the invoice.

Enough of this for tonight it really pisses me off all that ebay is doing. Oh and for my ebay faithful follower i hope this shed some light on your opinion of decietbay.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.