Skip to main content

Reply to ""DSRs: Making Them Work for You""

quote:
Originally posted by heardmuseum:
Thank you for your excellent newsletter and useful topics.

In re DSRs, it is unlikely that most, many and even some will leave a 5.
5 = Perfection.
Even GOD is not Perfect.
It is highly unlikely, especially as a bookseller using Media Mail, we are going to receive a 5-star although we package beautifully, ship immediately, leave clear listings and pictures, and the penultimate in Customer Service, plus the aforementioned Feedback information described discretely.

5 is an almost unattainable DSR, no matter what a Seller may do, most humans are not going to grade 5-star perfection.

It's a system designed to fail. Just check out eBay's Stock presently trading down 16% in one day... A very bad DSR.

We do our very best. I come from 27 years in Finance first as a Foreign Currency Trader selling to NY and Intenrational money=center banks and then NYSE firms as a Stockbroker. Some people will always find something to complain about... it's human nature.

This cannot work long for the Sellers and eBay.

Chris
Hi Chris I really like what you said. I am also a bookseller and I completely agree with you. My email address is aldergrove@ppowner.com. If you have any suggestions that might help me. I left a post / comment today. Thanks Patricia
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.