Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Box Encourages 'Green' Shipping""

To womandi....FAR-FETCHED...?? That makes me wonder just what you are inferring. Do you think I am just making this up because I have nothing better to do..??

I think it's great that you can get away with using recycled containers on eBay, but... even though I am fully in favor of using recycled boxes, if I got something sent in a used pizza box from you I would be returning it..!! Innovative packaging is one thing, but that is going a bit too far. Whatever you put in that box WILL smell like pizza..!! The ONLY thing I want coming in a pizza box is a LARGE SUPREME..!! Aside from the odor there is always the possibility of bacterial growth from that bit of pepperoni or sausage that hid in a corner and you missed.
Don't get me wrong.... if you get away with that, more power to you, but perhaps once you get slapped with a few low DSR's you will see where I am coming from. Beleive me, it takes a LOT of 5's to make up for a 2 or 3.

As I stated, we DO still use recycled containers on all of our other six stores. EBay is still an important part of our sales structure, as we employ our own innovative advertising and incentives in our packaging which leads approx. 40% of our eBay customers to a sale in one of our other stores. But..the way eBay has stripped the seller of the ability to defend themselves, we have been forced to go the route of ALL NEW PACKAGING. The worst that can happen in the other places by using recycled materials is that we might lose a future sale, not have our store defiled by negetive feedback from someone who obviously has no cares about where their world is going.

To masb99... You have it EXACTLY correct...!! I sold on eBay under a different name for years until we changed location and opened our small retail outlet and in all those years combined we never had as many problems as we have had in the last year. While, in 99% of our problem cases (which we have VERY few of) we are able to repair the situation to the customers satisfaction and then some, there will always be the ones who will never be pleased. These are the ones that are able to make things difficult under the current eBay system.

I see that there will soon be some "fixes" employed by eBay. I really don't see them doing a lot of good as they are currently described, but I applaud them (eBay) for finally seeing that their current system is broken in favor of the buyer.

It takes 2 parties to make eBay work, a buyer and a seller, and each should have equal protection, for without both, there would be no eBay.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.