Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Box Encourages 'Green' Shipping""

quote:
Originally posted by The Kontry Korner Store:
Ah yes....
A great idea that I wholeheartedly am in agreement with. BUT... I will never use them on eBay.
I used to make it very clear that we re-cycle useable shipping containers. Our standards for "useable" are quite high, ie: No damaged or crushed boxes, no boxes with writing or other markings that can't be hidden with a shipping label, no boxes that have moisture damage or stains, etc. In other words, basically a new box that has been used once before.
Unfotunately, there are buyers who don't beleive in "Green", and will give you a low shipping DSR for using re-cycled packaging materials.
We have had 2 instances of this that has cost us a low DSR. One party actually messaged us that she did not appreciate our using used boxes and fully expected new. She gave us all 5's except for Shipping and Handling charges; for that she gave us a 3. The other party messaged us that they were returning their order and wanted it resent in a NEW and UNUSED box or they would start a PayPal claim against us. They stated that they were offended by us using garbage to send their order. We accepted their return and then refunded their money and blocked them, eating the eBay FV fee. Both of these parties recieved their order in a like-new box; they literally had to peel off the shipping label to see that there was another label below.
For this reason we now ship eBay orders ONLY with NEW packaging materials and only use re-cycled boxes on our other sites.
Another FEEDBACK HOSTAGE incident...!!!

"I cannot believe that people can be such jerks. I have received items from ebay in some pretty weird packaging but I have never even considered giving a lower rating for it. Those people who did that to you need to get a life. I am hoping that you just happened to find the weirdos on ebay. I think most people would welcome using recycled boxes. I feel bad for you."
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.