Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Box Encourages 'Green' Shipping""

I wish I had been able to get in on this and get some of the boxes. I love this idea and hope it works. I guess the only way to judge the success is to see how many people (that receive a box) log into the site to track where the box has been. Don't know that many people will take the time to do that which may make it look as if people are not interested.

I personally reuse boxes 90% of the time. I also use as little packing material as I can to safely ship the item. If an item can be shipped in it's own box (board games, inflatable kiddie pools) then it gets wrapped in heavy stock shipping paper as opposed to double boxing. If it can go in an envelope (DVD movies, Playstation games, etc) instead of a box it gets shipped that way.

I mention how I am big into recycling and not wasting packing material unless I have to within the listing. I also advise the buyer to let me know if they prefer an item double boxed or not shipped in an envelope, etc. I have had one person complain about a video game that she bought for her 4 year old daughter. She said her daughter was upset and so disappointed that the box got crushed on the corner. She hinted at a discount. Instead I just said that I was sorry and had figured out over my 10 years of selling that most people would much rather save 3-4 bucks in shipping costs due to added weight or priority shipping, even if it meant a crushed box that was going in the garbage anyway.

I have stopped worrying about what picky buyers complain about. I used to get so upset about trying to keep a 100% rating and work hard for 5 stars. I still give excellent customer service, ship fast, give good deals, offer the cheapest shipping I can - but I no longer will jump through hoops for people that know they can take advantage of ebay sellers.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.