Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay has advised me to list direct for more exposure"

Hi Crystal3,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. EBay did make an announcement within the last couple months indicating they would be making some changes to their mobile app and/or website that will cause images embedded in listing descriptions not to show up on mobile devices and it sounds like the eBay representative you spoke to may have been attempting to make you aware of that.

Any images that are placed within the regular Auctiva Image Selection section on the Auctiva lister when listing an item technically become embedded in the description so, in order to ensure those using mobile devices can see enough images to make an informed purchasing decision, it is best to submit all your main images to eBay's Gallery too.

If you would like to submit more than one image to eBay's Gallery when listing through Auctiva, just check the box next to “Enable Optional eBay Gallery Images” on the Auctiva lister page and you will be able to select up to 12 images for that purpose - just like when you post items directly through the eBay Sell your Item form.

If you would prefer to only submit your images to eBay's Picture Hosting and *not* embed any in your listing descriptions, that is a possibility as well. In order to do so, you would simply not select any images in the Auctiva Image Selection section and only choose your images in the Optional eBay Gallery Images section below.

I also cannot be certain exactly why you were advised to list directly through eBay instead of using Auctiva, but I figured I would share my thoughts on the subject. I hope this helps!

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.