Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay/Paypal Scam.."

ooo, i got a good one today.. this one actually made it thru to my inbox, altho hotmail did warn me it 'could be dangerous!'..

Question from tmcneil2hv7

Activity with tmcneil2hv7 (last 90 days):
- I am currently bidding on 1 of their items
- hedgeproductions is currently bidding on 0 of my items
- We have traded 1 item
- I did not win 0 of their listings

tmcneil2hv7( 238)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

Hello,
I'm still waiting the item for about 5 days. What happened?

Please respond me ASAP.

Thank you,

Kelly.

now, the thing that bothers me about this one is, when i hover over the ebay name, i can see the link will lead me to view the feedback of *someone else's* name... when i (safely!) go to ebay, and try to find the member's name, i can see that they are a big seller w/ a store and stuff, and obv. this 'phisher' is using the seller's feedback link as part of the scam. of course i forwarded it, and ebay said "You may have received a message attempting to solicit a transaction outside of eBay or a message sent in an attempt to obtain your account password or other sensitive information", but obv. they couldn't tell much either (that's the 2nd response from them about this one). my q is... should i contact the person who's name you can't see, but is linked thru this email? i feel like i should warn them... or do you think ebay will, cuz they can see where the links lead to, as well?? any sugg. appreciated!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.