Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay's Resonse to Sniping.....Is There a Contradistion Here!"

quote:
We were considering making a change much like what you're suggesting late last fall,

I don't think so. Last fall they were concerned with A4A auctions and before that they were concerned with everybody removing links to ANYWHERE off the auction page. What did you suggest that they decided not to do? Because....

but many users contacted us and asked us not to and the idea was shelved. [/QUOTE]

Uh huh. Of course we all know that writing eBay and requesting things automatically leads to them doing what we want. Like I wrote them 9,000 times trying to find out why they wouldn't let me link my auctions to my web page since all it did was promote eBay, make more sales, develop a following for my auctions, and got me a lot of good PR, but they said it was illegal. They covered their answers in a bunch of gobbledygook that I could never understand, but they still made me take off the link.

I can't imagine WHY they would be against sniping as it only leads to higher sales (and thrilled sellers at the end.) *I* have no qualms about sniping, but if I tried to be ORGANIZED about it, it'd never work!

This is the kind of thing that makes your blood boil because they send you this cheery, chatty email that says nothing, but it still doesn't solve the problem. Confused

So I'm with you. If they're not against sniping, which would be ridiculous, why are they against the methods used to do it?

Did you ask 'em that, Philip?

Jan Roll Eyes
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.