Skip to main content

Reply to "Ecrater lost?"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wayoutwest:
Not sure if posting it here would be considered spam or not. since i'm not going to make anything off of it, i dont think it would be (it wouldnt be in my opinion) it's http://www.netnation.com/switch/

Plan I got in on includes tons of space, unlimited data, and a storefront hosted on a different server from your webspace (course, we all know that unlimited traffic doesnt mean unlimited - they have a clause that if you exceed a reasonable amount they reserve the right to discontinue service)

The nice thing about it, is that the storefront is very oscommerce-like. Unlike older shopping cart programs where you have to build templates for searches, product pages, category pages, etc, it's got it all prebuilt. The downside is that it's not "unique" in its look. But it has built in froogle feed, bulk upload of product files, etc.
QUOTE]
I have my own hosting and blah blah blah.
I am just SO intimidated by the Oscommerce and shopping cart.

Beth (ironchick) is paving the way learning as she goes along and keeping me caught up with what works and what doesn't.

There are times I think, oh gosh, sell a kid (joke) and blow a wad of cash to hire someone to do the initial setup for me. I have the design down pat that I want template wise so that's not a problem.

If I were to just pay someone to do the initial making up of the store, I can do the ftp'ing updates and such. It's the initial setting up.

Ya know when I look at someone elses site such as SignsInTime's site or flightoffancy or KWK I think, how talented these folks are to have come this far. But then I stop and think, Hey, I'm smart, I should be able to do this. I believe it's a mental blinders thing, I don't want to have to learn so I'm nor forcing myself.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

<sigh>

Keep me apprised of how it's going Steve!
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.