Skip to main content

Reply to "Ecrater lost?"

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
I have my own hosting and blah blah blah.
I am just SO intimidated by the Oscommerce and shopping cart.

Beth (ironchick) is paving the way learning as she goes along and keeping me caught up with what works and what doesn't.

There are times I think, oh gosh, sell a kid (joke) and blow a wad of cash to hire someone to do the initial setup for me. I have the design down pat that I want template wise so that's not a problem.

If I were to just pay someone to do the initial making up of the store, I can do the ftp'ing updates and such. It's the initial setting up.

Ya know when I look at someone elses site such as SignsInTime's site or flightoffancy or KWK I think, how talented these folks are to have come this far. But then I stop and think, Hey, I'm smart, I should be able to do this. I believe it's a mental blinders thing, I don't want to have to learn so I'm nor forcing myself.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

<sigh>

Keep me apprised of how it's going Steve!
Donna
i hear ya, traditional shopping carts are a pain the rear to set up! that's what's nice about this one that i'm setting up for sister. it's already done Smile just set colorscheme, put in logo, adjust a few other settings, write up policy pages, and then start listing Smile very nice for sister's site cause she doesnt know the first thing about html, etc. so now that it's set up (took prolly 8 hours, and most of that was working on policy pages), i just have to teach her how to add product.

the downside is that it looks very "cookie cutter" (amazon-like, etc.) but it's good enough and looks a heck of alot better than ebay express - laf!
Last edited by wayoutwest
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.