Skip to main content

Reply to "Ever have a question removed from seller discussion group for breaking unknown rule"

Here ya go..pay particular attention to the sentence above the link:

You may only solicit approved payment methods in your listings or communications with buyers. This means you must be explicit about the payment methods you accept, and they must be approved.

Should a buyer initiate a conversation about alternate payment methods, it is your choice to accomomdate this request.

Here are the rules as of the October release date:

A seller may not solicit or advertise that the accept paper payments, either in their listing description or in their emails sent to their buyers.

A seller may not "hint" that other than approved payment methods are accepted, for example, an email to a buyer or a line in the description that says anything along the lines of "EMail me about other payment methods." OR "Email me if you have questions about these payment methods."

Anything, and I mean anything in a seller's listing that hints or alludes to unapproved payment methods will result in the listing's removal.

Attempts to circumvent this policy will be viewed and handled as such.

If a buyer asks a seller if they will accept a paper payment, the seller may accept or decline that request.

http://workshops.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=13000066...=0&mod=1219772793315
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.