Skip to main content

Reply to "Everyday items made larger through ebay?"

I agree with you Wes, I have been selling on eBay now for over 10 years and I sell a LOT of things I have seen that are very similar to items I seen in Antique shops. I buy from Estate Sales and garage sales for the most part. It never fails that things I buy go on eBay for for 50 to 25% less than Antique shops are asking. Of course they do have a much higher overhead but never-the-less folks are getting very good deals on eBay, especially in the line of items you would run across in shops.
Antique shops are not, for the most part very happy with eBay, because people are starting to realize this.
Now its more a matter of status to say, Oh yes I bought that at Ye Olde Towne Antique Store for 1000.00, rather than wow, I got this on eBay for $25.00.
Of course things can go the exact opposite way, but the way I see it, if you have nice vintage and antique's to sell eBay is the only decent game in town, the fee are not outrageous. Just try and consign something in a Antique Store, I have had them as for any where from 40-70%, just to stick something on their floor and write a receipt if and when it sells.
I am happy, I have met a lot of very nice individuals, I have supplemented my Social security as that is my entire pension, and I have had fun doing it. Sometimes things don't go exactly like you would want them to but that's life. I just wish I could get the price the antique Stores do----or are they just sitting on shelves for years with a high price tag on them---makes you wonder.
As for me, until I feel I am losing money I think I will stick around and be happy somebody came up with the eBay concept---maybe whine a little cause it was not me!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.