Skip to main content

Reply to "Feature Center - Suggestions and TO DO list"

Thanks for note on what has been done nice to see what has been accomplished and I think this should be done a couple of times a year so that we do realize what is done.

Originally I was not going to comment on this, at all but STILL question has not been answered. This also raises other issues.

Although frankly some of the things were not broken and are fully covered on many other avenues, i.e., to me there are things that were much more important to help us sell than some of what was done, (shipping, newsletter, new saved page, etc. all covered in other avenues - maybe not as good, but there)

I frankly do not remember a lot of these being announced is there an announcement page of archived announcements? Other than ebay required changes, shipping, newsletter & couple of others. I KNOW sure do not remember announcement on new and improved page being announced BEFORE it was defaulted to it. Not saying they were not, I just seemed to have overlooked them??? I do notice on commerce that when updates are done a lot of them are posted and the commerces thank you profusely for those changes. I do know that as far as templates go there were several threads and comments asking for new templates before holidays this year. Seems to me that would have been perfect time for auctiva to jump on the forums remind us that they had put in new ones on??? Why would auctiva NOT take that opportunity to remind us???? Last I remember being announced was in November 2010 some new holiday ones were put on I believe it was around 20. As far as 1800 templates, yes, upped from 1700, but I do not believe those were all done in 2011, unless I am missing something. I believe when people were asking for new templates I looked under the NEWEST area and did not see some of ones on there now.

The shipping while may be nice for some was I thought prematurely thrown on and again, not ready to be released when it was, it was outdated and required changes and possibly a contest to get people back on to try it. Most of us already had shipping companies in place such as USPS, stamps.com, ebay, paypal, etc., so this to most was not a necessity of life. (just my thought). Most ebayers have other methods of shipping and I can see this may benefit the commerce segment of sellers if they did not already have a method in place.

I also can't help but notice that the ship rate insurance is higher on auctiva than it is on ebay at least for under $100.00 (which is what I use usually) than on ebay. In all fairness there, though, ebay will not let us insure first class international and auctiva will. but for US shipments this is quite a bit of difference. I would think auctiva rate would be competitive with ebay's at minimum.

The new page question. . as previously been hammered in and STILL is not being answered. WHAT ARE THE NEW and IMPROVED FEATURES??????? We got the deleted image thing yesterday, after asking MANY TIMES. What else besides looks??? (which my concern is function not beauty.) My mommy mobile van is 11 years old and no kids hanging in it and old and outdated like me, but by golley, when I get in it and turn the key zoom on it goes, sometimes as in the case with new page, old and outdated is better than new modern and hard to read and maneuver. Why could this deleted images not have been added to the old page??? Seems easier than re-inventing wheel to just add it. I sure do not remember people asking for new page with deleted image feature? Also, WHY keep the features such a secret??? It is not like this is a covert mission. This appears to be one of those things that was discussed over Happy Hour on a Friday afternoon and perhaps not thought out. . I would guess after done there could have been head scratching. . .like what were we thinking??? Believe me in my younger day, I had many a brilliant idea on Friday that turned out once thought out and/or executed I thought.. what in the world was I thinking. As far as all of the lovers of this, I find it hard to believe that people wrote support loving new page. . and did not defend it on the forums. Let's face it, if that many people LOVED it it would not have been changed and defaulted back to old. I feel auctiva would have chimed in that they were getting love letters on it at the time, not after the fact. If that many people loved it then I am sure it would not have been un-defaulted for just a few of us haters as we have been called. Plus, generally I find people do not write when they are happy, they write when they have a problem.

When ebay requires a change it is to be EXPECTED that Auctiva comply and I would guess that is part of Auctiva's contract with ebay to comply with most of their changes. Just as we are required to comply it would be impossible to do that unless auctiva does update.

***I do specifically remember ebay having nice easy to use tools available for changing our listings which could accomplish the clothing changes really quickly and auctiva CHOSE NOT to get a tool to make it easy like ebays. So this job took weeks rather than a few hours as we had to go into each listing to make changes that were erased when we went to specifics & had to be reentered from scratch on each listing. TO ME THIS WAS HUGE THING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WORKED ON THAT COST LOTS OF US MANY, MANY, MANY UNNECESSARY WEEKS!! (YES, ebay made the change, but auctiva could have done a tool similar to ebays to make the changes much easier)

I also, STILL would LOVE to know what else has been changed on the NEW AND IMPROVED listing page. Please auctiva, sell it!!! If I have something new and improved you better believe I would know I have one chance to get people to love it and would sure be throwing all of the benefits out there.

Silence only makes me think there are no improvements that could not have been put on the old page. I also wonder if the deleted images was just put on when they pulled it, so it could be possibly announced that something was new.

I think most of us want speed and other things in feature center and forums (for those that did not make cut on feature screening) we have begged for for months rather than new and pretty.

I hate to sound cynical and do appreciate that auctiva tries to keep up with ebay, believe us we feel your pain keeping up with them. When you have to make changes each of us do also.

I do wish auctiva would take what we "need" to be productive under advisement and not re-create the wheel or add things that other avenues already have at this point. When I look at feature center the same things seem to rot there with very few yea's or nays!!

Can you please send me a link on this. . is this for commerce sellers or for ebayers???
quote:
In recognition of the growing trend towards social networking as a eCommerce tool, we provided an integration from our active listing pages to Facebook. This originally took the approach of a simple button, but re-visited this issue with a more comprehensive feature called 'Sell It Social' that allows our sellers to automate the process

Thanks for response, I hope that 2012 will get some of the feature center things and since feature center is basically dead there will be another avenue used for people maybe to vote on what is important to them and auctiva let us know frankly which of these features is feasible. (we know not everything can be done, as different people have different wants that is why a poll would be awesome).

Thanks again for update
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.