Skip to main content

Reply to ""Forced to Offer Free Shipping?""

I stopped selling on eBay due to their fees. You have to appreciate that it is my item that I am selling, I am one plying my time puting a listing, taking photos, uploading, answering questions, packing, posting and queing up at the post office. So if eBay can't appreciate the hard work the sellers do and it keeps increasings its share fees, then I am sorry, but I can't be bothered with eBay.

And any money I received in my paypal account from selling, usually goes back into buying items on eBay....

When they offered free listing items below 99p it was a step in the right direction and it brought me back to eBay. Because I was selling items and I was on the site more often e.g. checking how the bidding was going and in turn I was also on the site bidding on items....

Now eBay are forcing people to offer Free Shipping, I have stopped listing items on eBay!

Forcing Free Shipping on an iPod is not an issue because you know it is will sell for a good price.

But what about other type of items?. Such as those that are 1-bid win items e.g. hard to find items, for which there are only a handful of buyers..... In a sense eBay is going a disservice to buyers who are looking for hard to find items, because people like me who have the odd hard to find items, will simply not bother to list!

So ebay will end up with listings of 'main stream' quick selling items...
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.