Skip to main content

Reply to "Formatting problem with Auctiva editor."

Hi bumpersplus,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing. I reviewed the saved listings you have been working on today and I do see that code you are referring to at the bottom of the descriptions of a couple of them, but I am not aware of any specific technical issues that would have caused that HTML code to show up within the editor automatically.

I made a copy of one of those saved listings as a test and, once I deleted that HTML code from the Standard view of the editor and saved the listing, that code was no longer present within the description editor next time I opened the listing.

Although I cannot be certain what is causing this, I did notice your account is configured to use an old version of our description editor we have been phasing out for a while and it is possible that you will no longer encounter this behavior if you update your account to use the newer description that is available.

If you would like to update your account to use the newer description editor, just mouse over the “My Account” tab within your account, select the “Acct Preferences” option under “Settings”, check the “Use Design Editor v2.0” box next to “Default Editor on One-Page Lister” and then click the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

Just keep in mind that, since we are in the process of phasing out the older description editor, it will not be possible to resume using the older one that is currently enabled in your account once you have updated your account to use the newer one.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.