Skip to main content

Reply to "Help- A very diffucult buyer!!!!!"

Hi ninth.

I have had 'pig' customers especially one who bid rashly and demanded a major discount on an item which was listed as damaged for restore or repair. It was almost as though he intended to outbid others and then get it knocked down to want he wanted. With hindsight it was probably an attempted scam.

I held fast and got my first and only red to date in two years of selling. With this case of a small amount I would judge the buyers profile and their feedback, not always the most accurate way to asses but the only one available before making a judgement call.

Generally I would only process a refund without return if I had made a significant mistake in the listing and the return postage significantly outweighed the items value.

Every case has it's merits to consider this is why I give a very clear and simple returns policy which allows me to judge the merits of the buyers concerns.

Ultimately we go through the hassles and complications of eBay, Auctiva, Sellathon etc to make money but when time is consumed over a few £ or $ that is costing us even more money it is better to shut the problem down. Then block them to prevent vandalism of subsequent auctions afterall there are plenty of decent buyers out there so attend to them instead.

Part of this problem as I said above is in selling unsealed personal hygene related goods especially in this sue mentality world we live in, it's too risky.

I certainly enjoy these boards there is plenty to learn, see you around ninth Cool
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.