Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

I have to say that I totally disagree with the message in this article. The author has missed the bias in Ebay's attitude against sellers (you know, the ones who actually pay all the bills and make Ebay the huge profits that they enjoy. They have taken the stand that there are no bad buyers, only bad sellers. Incidently, neutral feedback is just that - neutral; neither positive nor negative. The fact is that once the feedback system was artifically weighed in one's group favor over another it became completely pointless. I noted also, that if a seller clicks onto the "Conflict Resolution" tab Ebay advises them to "do whatever the buyer suggests" which, of couse, is give them back their money so it is very clear right from the start that Ebay will be siding with the buyer rendering the whole conflict resolution process as pointless as feedback. Sadly, I only now lv. positive feedback once it has been left for me. Incidently I have far more people who bid but don't pay than I ever had before the feedback policy change. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.