Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

The current FB system is ridiculous. Since a buyer cannot get any negative feedback, how can sellers protect themselves against bad buyers? I have had FB left saying they received SLOW - it was received 2 days after they PAID for item. When I asked, they thought that buyers only gave high stars if seller shipped overnight. One tries to educate buyers to the system, but how much time can one spend on this and give good service?
I even refunded a buyer who returned used/damaged merchandise, and she still was able to give me negative feedback.
Just get rid of seller's feedback for buyers and be honest that it means nothing. I will still be upset when buyers misunderstand what they are doing (but most are truly wonderful), but at least I don't waste my time on useless work and can actually focus on SERVICE, quick shipping, better prices, etc.
For all those that think the customer is RIGHT when they wear something and then falsely return it without the tags, scratched, dented, and worse - I am sorry, but the world has changed & there are a ton of scammers out there who know the Ebay ropes and use them to abuse their buying privileges. That's not RIGHT; that's dishonest.
Why a seller would leave "wonderful buyer" feedback even before seeing how the transaction plays out is not only strange, but not factual. They don't know what the buyer will do, and they do a disservice to other sellers.
As far as I am concerned, my job isn't over until I know my buyer is satisfied (if possible!). Therefore, until I hear from them that they are pleased with the transaction, I keep my listing open and do not leave FB that might not address the buyer's concerns. I even personalize much of my feedback, so sellers know if a non-US buyer is okay to work with, easy to ship to that country, etc.
Again, I don't know why Ebay is wasting my time on this.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.