Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

quote:
Originally posted by pj:
quote:
All in all it is a more fair system now on Ebay

Frown NO it is NOT a more fair system in ANY way.

Buyers STILL earn NEG FB just because ebay says they cannot get it does not mean they should not get FB they earned rightly so sometimes a buyer earns a NEG Really it does sound like you believe that EBAY GREEDBAY & buyers can do no wrong. LOL there is 1000's of buyers who need to be NARUED. The FB system is NOT fair not even to buyers, as thier FB looks same as a bad buyer does. Wake up & smell the stink that ebay forces on sellers who sell there

Sellers used to be able to leave appropriate feedback and that feedback was a warning to others about the nature of the buyer.

Some abused the system.
But I personally will NOT leave any feedback, not even for regular buyers, until POSITIVE feedback has been left for me.

t's completely wrong and foolish for a seller to leave positive feedback before hearing from his buyer.

I have seen positive feedback left by sellers and then negative feedback left by the buyer.
The items handed over the the shipper in good faith and well packed.
Item as describe.
Shipping prompt.
and then the buyer to claim no receipt.
Not as described.
No communication.
Slow shipping or not received.
When the seller does all the seller is supposed to do and a buyer tanks the five star rating on more than one item because priority 2-3 shipping and item shipped the day after payment received and the seller is suspended from ebay for that one incident, and the buyer who revived their item in less than three days is never held accountable, the seller looses time, money, sales and customers because of the dishonest feedback of a buyer... NO the system is NOT good.
If the seller could leave feedback that reflects the facts it would be different.
But as it is, feedback stands.
Ev4en if mutually retracted, the comment, no matte how defamatory and wrong, remains.

Paypal is really good to give the seller's rightfully esarned money right back to the buyer who makes a false report.
And the seller will Never see either money, merchandise, ore restitution of any kind on the mater.
IF there is a solutions, I guarentee the SELLER will have to do all the work and make all the calls and get all the evidence because PayPal has a set of procedures that reach a very shallow "well we tried" point of satisfaction, where these things are concerned. And unless the seller gets on the phone and demands they confess what the seller can do to get info and proofs that would allow them to reverse the funds back to the seller, the seller is screwed and the crook buyer walks.

NOT ALL BUYERS ARE CROOKS.
but the few scammers out there make it very hard for honest people to just do honest business.
when feedback was a two way street the buyer didn't dare scam the seller.
the seller would go on feedback and leave the truth "Shipped with tracking. receipt date:__ lied. Crook"
And I would see it and probably decline to sell and get ripped off... especially since ebay would want to keep that buyer and can the seller.
The ebay ceo has already called the seller a plague on ebay.
But Folks, what is ebay with nothing to be sold?
Who needs buyers if there are no sellers?

I also have been on eBay since the beginning.
I remember free listings.
Then the small fee to list, then the FVF were added, then all the spiffy stuff you can purchase to make your auctions more visible (earn better favor with eBay by spending MONEY.) And now, those that can pay get seen.
And the commoner is just left to wallow in perpetual relist land, or is invited to guarantee eBay $15 a month with a store that is greatly invisible without regular auction listing.

And the the RIGHT to leave negative feedback was take from the sellers who need it more.
And now the right to establish our own Buy It Now prices is also compromised and dictated by eBay.
will we one day also see a maximum limit list price enforced with outrageous fees?
Or just plain policy... and BY THE WAY... Sellers STILL have to PAY for listing, Sellers still have to PAY for BIN and we can't dictate our own prices???
EBAY DOES MAKE MORE MONEY IF WE LIST A FORCED HIGHER PRICE.
ok... this seems like it is wandering far afield, but it isn't.
ALL of this is just more symptom of the larger problem.
ebay's disregard and disrespect for the Seller.

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.