Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

quote:
Originally posted by tubagurl:
I'm not so worried about negative feedback - I'm concerned with "performance stars" - I've had all my buyers leave glowing feedback, yet have received 2 "stars" in the 2 level, putting me at risk for being removed from selling... how is that possible? No one has contacted me, no one has complained in feedback, how can they be allowed to leave low "stars" if everything is "fabulous?" Also, Ebay won't tell sellers who left low stars so you can't figure out what might have been wrong so you can correct issues in the future... Hostage feedback is the least of my problems!

I have to agree. Before eBay started making feedback policy changes I had 100% positive feedback. Then when they started with the DSR's I had 100% positive feedback and 4.9 to 5.0 averages. How are you supposed to figure out what might have gone wrong if you have 100% positive feedback and glowing remarks when your DSR averages starting to slide from the 4.9 that you had maintained since the policy change went into effect. Then eBay changes their policies again so that you don't have to maintain high DSR averages, you have to avoid getting low DSR's. And when buyers leave positive or neutral feedback with low DSR's without ever contacting you to state that they have an issue, you are helpless to argue that you were not given a chance to correct any issues that the buyer may have.

The best example is one where I received neutral feedback for an item that must have been deformed during shipping as the pictures of the item prior to shipment do not show any deformation. (YES I TAKE PHOTOS OF ALL OF THE WOOD ITEMS THAT ARE SHIPPED SHOWING THE ITEM AND THE INVOICE) The buyer believed that the item had to have shipped in that condition, because they "don't know how a wood item could have deformed during shipping." I e-mailed pictures of the item laying on top of the eBay invoice and the buyer so much as called me a liar saying that the item pictured with their invoice, in good condition, could not have been the same item that they received because theirs was deformed. I presented the same argument to eBay showing them that the item shipped in good condition and that the buyer had not contacted me about it being deformed upon arrival. I also included copies of e-mails to the buyer offering to exchange the item after they left neutral feedback with their replies stating that they really did not have any problem with the item and that their son loved it! My return policy allows for refunds, replacements, and exchanges dependent on availability. I even allow exchanges if someone simply does not like the item. Yet eBay "could not" mediate a dispute as the item had been paid, shipped, and received. Regardless of the fact that the buyer did not contact me to work in good faith to correct their issues with the item, even with the pictures showing that the item shipped in good condition and copies of the emails showing that the buyer said that they did not have any real problem and that their son loved the item that they received.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.