Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

quote:
Originally posted by eastwoods:
I try to always leave fb for the buyer when their payment clears my bank (I "suck" money from Paypal the day it arrives). As the author mentioned, a [timely] payment is all that's required from the buyer to complete their side of the transaction.
I have never had negative feedback, perhaps because I have an unconditional return policy.
Simply put, all a buyer has to do is return the purchased item (same condition as when I shipped, of course) and then I issue 100% refund, INCLUDING the return shipping costs. I do not care whatsoever the reason they complain or want a refund--buyer's remorse, item not as they hoped, etc.--the guarantee of full refund usually eases any potential negative situation.
The real beauty of this policy is that I only have returns once or twice per year. But it's a good selling point--I always mention this policy to potential bidders who send me questions.

Good policy, I also allow returns, refunds, replacements, exchanges, etc... and despite this fact I have received neutral and negative feedback from buyers that did not contact me prior to leaving feedback. And all of the buyers that left neutral or negative feedback and low DSR's have declined my offers to allow them to return, for full refund and/or exchange, their items even after they have left feedback. How fair is it when your policy allows for returns, refunds, exchanges and the buyer never contacts you and declines your offers post feedback?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.