Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

quote:
Originally posted by gusfirefly:
While I agree completely that excellent service as a seller is the best way to avoid negative feedback, I disagree just as completely with the concept that the buyer's only job is to pay. Not so! The buyer is also responsible to handle any questions, concerns, issues in a reasonable way. When buyers BEGIN to express their dissatisfaction with negative feedback, they are not doing their job. When they first email with threats, obscenities, insults, and more, they are not doing their job. Given that Ebay and Paypal give all the power to the buyer, the only power I have left against such obnoxious individuals is that I do not have to add to the false impression that they are wonderful customers with lots of positive feedback. I can't tell you how many people include in their emails things like "after all, I have 100% positive feedback." How meaningless! I have discussed with my Power Seller rep at Ebay that at the very least a buyer who does not pay, as documented by the unpaid item process, should be subject to negative feedback. Other sellers deserve to know that the buyer is a risk.
Oh I do agree with you!!!!! Ben there & hated it.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.