Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

quote:
Originally posted by tubagurl:
I just received my first negative feedback in my 8 years at ebay... no hostages involved, just take no prisoners. I'm not a big seller, I'm mostly a buyer... I sell things for my kids or, in this case, some extra balls of yarn... A newbie just negged me because they bought 2 balls of yarn and I mailed 1. Was it a serious error, yes. Am I sorry, yes. Did they contact me? NO! I would have expedited their ball of yarn so they'd have it tomorrow! I did that anyway after an ugly worded neg and no contact... will they revise? Most likely not. What's an honest, but human seller to do?! Frown

I am the one who was quoted in the newsletter...

My buyer did revise feedback... after I refunded the total cost of the order AND reshipped the item that was missing. Was I out a ton of money, no not really, but as others have said, this is the only income I have and it hurt to do so.

New buyers may not know what the original feedback said, but they know I had a negative and will wonder what went wrong. If they are of the dishonest ilk, they will see that I fixed the issue to the point where my buyer left a glowing feedback (of course she did after what cost me to give her my stuff) and will know that they can push me to "make it right".

Again, in my case, I DID make a mistake... I don't want to down-play that fact... but I did have to go to unnecessary measures to get the feedback revised. Do I want to give this buyer a negative feedback? In this case, no... BUT there are instances where it should be allowed.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.