Skip to main content

Reply to ""How to Escape a Hostage Situation""

You should NEVER HAVE been awarded Neg FB!!!
I hope you kindly educated your newby advising them that ebay takes a dim view (albeit late and often long after damage is done to the seller) of excessive hair trigger neg FB.

You should never have had to even take the steps and I know it was like getting an act of congress passed! t.. to get justice.

It was your mistake.
yep.
did they email you?
or did the buyer just slap you hard with neg fb JUST BECAUSE THEY COULD?

I personally knew a kid who ordered something on ebay and left Neg FB the NEXT DAY when the item had not arrived like a pizza ordered in his own town.
He was left neg fb and was eventually kicked off of ebay,

IF ONLY BUYER would read the rules and understand that leaving neg fb is NOT the first course of action if anything is ever wrong.

I hope you so educated the buyer so it won't happen again with you or another seller.
The best thing WE as SELLERS can do is post a notice to this effect, "NGE FB IS NOT THE WAY TO LET ME KNOW SOMETHING WAS MISSED OR WRONG. Please contact me with any problems.
These are extraordinarily rare, as my FB shows, but I am willing to make right any problem within my control and my responsibility for all my buyers."

I see more and more sellers doing this, but usually only after there has been a problem with a newby or a crook.

We have to protect ourselves and do what we can to make our communicativeness on ebay safe for honest sellers by helping buyers learn better manners in spite of the invitation ebay seems to offer to punish any seller on any whim of discontent.

God bless and hang in.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.