Skip to main content

Reply to "How to get Image Mouse Over AND Click to Enlarge on ebay listings"

Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for posting your question here. Ebay's system should automatically provide the “zoom” option you mentioned to any header/gallery images that meet the minimum requirements associated with that feature, so there is not any sort of *special* setting you should need to select in order to utilize that feature.

I actually contacted eBay's customer support team regarding on this topic myself after noticing that some of my listings offered the “zoom” and others with similar images did not and was informed that the “zoom” feature should automatically show up for any header/gallery images that are more than 1000 pixels on the longest side.

Since some of my listings did not reflect the “zoom” feature even though the minimum requirements were met, they ended up sending the details to their technical team for further investigation but I have not received any additional information about the issue to this point.

Based on what I have observed in my own account, I believe there is currently something amiss on eBay's end of things that is causing the “zoom” feature not to show up for some images that do meet the minimum requirements associated with that feature or some other requirement they were unable to tell me about.

Assuming you currently have listings for which the images you used as the header/gallery images are more than 1000 px on the longest side, I recommend contacting eBay's customer support team for further clarification on why the “zoom” feature is not functioning in your listings.

Of course, the response you receive may be similar to the one I received, but perhaps they have just not made much progress in the investigation so far and some additional examples of the behavior will help move things along.

I wish I could give you a more direct answer, but hopefully this information at least gives you a better idea how this feature is intended to work. I would definitely interested to hear anything else that you are able to learn from eBay about this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.