Skip to main content

Reply to "Is anyone else having problems listings?"

quote:
Originally posted by globalunite:
Hi,
Hope this maybe of some help it is the repliy I recieved today.
Hope it helps
Cheers
Ray

I really apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. I would like to let you know that, the problem that you are facing usually happens due an incompatibility of the browser or when you have a lot of Temporary Internet Files present on your computer. I would like to mention few steps that could help you in resolving your issue.

First of all please use an alternative browser if you are using an AOL browser because this is a common issue with our AOL users.

I suggest you to install FireFox browser with the help of the link given below and then try to list your listings.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Please install the Flash plugin with Firefox.

Please clear the cache, cookies and the Temporary Internet Files and then check if you still face the same issue or not.

In Internet Explorer go to the Tools menu, click the Internet Options menu item, then click the "Delete Files" and "Delete Cookies" buttons.

In Firefox, go to Tools -> Clear Private Data -> Check Cache and Cookies -> Clear Private Data Now.

Remember to close all browser windows but one while clearing your cache.

It could be a problem of Spyware on your computer. Sometimes the pages use to freezes due to the presense of Spyware on the computer. For that I suggest you to run the AdAware program on your computer. You can first try the free program called AdAware. But there are some who say that doesn't get all the really hidden spyware that Webroot can find and get rid of. Here is a link to a free version of AdAware: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/30...602.html?tag=lst-0-1 It's been downloaded over 165 million times. I've used it a lot and it works pretty good. But I am very careful not to get spyware. So I honestly don't know if it's as good as Spy Sweeper.

Please do the above steps and let me know if you are still facing the same issue or not.

Thank You,
Auctiva Support.

Hi all,
Just an update on this problem I thought maybe of help and interest! I did load firefox but I was not too imprested with it and something’s I just could not get to work. So I reinstalled Internet explorer [the new one version 7] and it works much better and faster and all is well again! The reason for my listing problem in the first place I think was a virus which corrupted the internet explorer so even though I got rid of the virus the damage had already been done. Therefore, I recommend anyone having the same problem to do a boot scan for any viruses and check for spy wear. Once clean if you still are having problems install or re-install internet explorer ver 7 then all should be fine!
Cheers and good luck
Ray
Cool Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.