Skip to main content

Reply to "java issues and vulnerabilities"

Thanks all...I am using 18.0...which was updated on Jauary 18th, I guess I updated because of the issue I was having....hoping to fix it...as normally I update NOTHING until I start having problems...and big ones at that. My feeling is usually if it ain't broke don't fix it! (do know it is supposed to be isn't) Just my Southern showing through!

Tonight I find this, which leads me to believe this could be from update...but can't figure out since I was already having issue before 18th when it shows I updated.

HOWEVER, can someone tell me..as I am tech idiot...how can I uninstall this update??? And back the train up to older version to see if that helps.

Can system restore back to previous time do this????

NOTE, I had problems before 18th...so not sure this is the magic fix either.

Here is link too...as if someone asks I would NEVER be able to find it again. At bottom indiciates blocked on October 2012??? Soooo confused. FYI...I put in red so that part would stand out...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/p182

quote:
Java Plugin 7 update 11 and lower (click-to-play), Windows has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked?
The Java plugin is causing significant security problems. All users are strongly recommended to keep the plugin disabled unless necessary.

Who is affected?

All users who have these versions of the plugin installed in Firefox 17 and above.

What does this mean?
The problematic add-on or plugin will be automatically disabled and no longer usable

When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.
Blocked on October 30, 2012. View block request.

Thanks for all those who let us know they were or were no having issues...and what version the use....appreciate it!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.