Skip to main content

Reply to "Listing fees on eBay"

Please feel free to differ on the items you use or have knowledge of that is what the boards are for. However, I did way that "I mainly use" as I could not give accurate information on items I do not use.

quote:
There are other benefits, these are just ones I mainly use.

But as far as fees NO, you do not save on fees.

I am sure auctiva has a list of every feature and its savings.

However, on the "fees" which are listing fee and commission it does NOT save you money. Other items are listing UPGRADES which are optional to each seller and are not required.

(Kind of like you go to ice cream shop and buy an ice cream you pay for the ice cream and the cone/cup but if you want toppings you have to pay extra most places and the more toppings you want the more you have to pay for that delicious ice cream - makes me hungry) Razz

For years I only used one photo which was all needed for the items I sold then, which would have been free on ebay. Now I sell different items and I like many pictures. (however, there is also a way to do that by inserting HTML in your ebay description area of listings, I just find that a time consumer and do not do it, I do not know if you do the HTML in listing if you can enlarge or not)

On my particular plan I do not have to pay for ebay templates but as mentioned that is not main reason I use auctiva, it is just a benefit. So guess it depends on your plan you have and if you want to schedule (I do not as I keep most things in store listings so really do not care when they end)

Auctiva does in fact store images which was my original reason for using figuring it would free computer space and make life easier.

****** CAUTION, I would NOT delete my images from my computer, as retrieving them back from Auctiva if say you decide to sell on another venue or you want to drop auctiva is time consuming process, it is not just click a couple buttons and they all load back on your computer, it is a one by one process where you have to do something with each and every photo. (unless auctiva has changed that in last year). Yes, it is possible, just a time consumer. *****

Also, my understanding is the amount of photo storage depends on the plan you have the free and basic plan are VERY, VERY limited.

I would sure evaluate what I would actually use both ways, but again, on actual fees that are for listing you save NO $$$$'s. It is same on auctiva and ebay. It is the upgrades that you choose that you may save on features.

Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.