Skip to main content

Reply to "Monitor your DSR Rating"

Who benefits? eBay of course, especially when it can be used to control their income (power seller discounts and search ranking). Conflict of interest anyone?

I've been reading elsewhere that the star numbers, which we interpret as 1 to 5, don't really mean "1 to 5" in simple terms. The number is not based, apparently, on a simple average. The results are based on some sort of bell curve, so "middle" would be on the peak of the curve. Anyone who knows how bell curves work know that most stuff lands in the middle.

A good example of this is on shipping time where "4" is rated as "Quick". How can it be then, from the beta page we saw appear yesterday, that a 4.1 was enough for a seller to have a warning placed on their page that said "This seller has low ratings for shipping quickly"? Obviously the entered rating of "quick" which we see as a 4, doesn't mean the same thing, as 4.1 is interpreted as "not quick".

A lot is going on behind the scenes.

Anyway, I thought all should be aware of dsrwatch.com. I've entered my email address so I get notices. I'm not sure in what form or frequency they will come (daily? on change only? Who knows?). I'll just wait and see.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.