Skip to main content

Reply to "New eBay API Error - Business/Personal eBay Account"

Hi the situation is messy, I am not an official of any kind in this but I see it as below and expect it varies from country to country or even state to state in the USA.

1) Does not matter what your profile number is or rate of selling is on eBay.

2) Need to consider whether your selling is considered to be selling your own items or buy to sell, this relates much to how long you have kept the items between buyng and selling them.

3) The income tax institution of your country will have rules relating on what the word 'trading' or 'business' means and when you should register as a business.

4) To me (2) & (3) above dictates whether I am a business or individual selling off their own items rather than eBay itself not eBay.

5) When your online selling is officially considered to be a business by the relevant government departments of your country then it will probably become a target for income tax deductions and selling taxes (e.g. VAT in the UK) when it reaches certain level.

So absolute eBay profile score is not the problem, you need 'only' to consider your ruling government's legislation.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.